Luis Roberto Olea Hernández
- Attorney at Law (J.D.) / Universidad Anahuac Mexico Norte.
- Diploma on Business Law / Universidad Panamericana.
- Diploma in Finance / Instituto Tecnoloogico Autonomo de Mexico.
- Diploma on Antitrust / International Chamber of Commerce with Universidad Panamericana.
- Spanish (native).
- English (fluent).
- Mr. Olea has over 30 years of experience in Corporate and Markets Law. Additionally, in the last 10 years he has developed his practice in highly regulated matters, specializing in energy, infrastructure and agreements with the federal government.
- Mr. Olea started his professional career in the firm “Santamarina y Steta, S.C.” where he worked in the years 1982-1983 in Corporate Law. Thereafter, in the years 1984-1985 he worked as an associate in the firm “Linares, Vargas y Hernández, S.C.” in civil and commercial litigation.
- In connection to his Market Law experience, in the years of 1985-1987 he was General Counsel of Casa de Bolsa Cremi, S.A. specifically in corporate finance and investment banking matters.
- From 1987 to 1992, he served as General Counsel and Secretary of the Board of Directors of Bursamex, S.A. de C.V. and its affiliates, including a financial lessor, a financial factoring company and several investment companies.
- From 1991 to 1992, he served as vice-president of the Legal Committee of the Asociación Mexicana de Intermediarios Bursátiles (AMIB). During 1992-1993 he worked on the firm “González Calvillo y Forastieri, S.C.” in Corporate and Markets Law.
- Finally, from 1993 to this date, Mr. Olea has been Managing Partner of Olea Abogados, S.C., and served as legal counsel and member of the Board of Directors in several financial institutions, industrial, energy and services companies.